Helping You Obtain What’s Fair
Family law is a complex and ever-changing field. We work hard to bring your legal rights to the front when it comes to divorce proceedings. Our experienced attorneys have experience in family law, dealing with the division of marital property and divide what is fair or equitable.
Equitable distribution will consider the needs of both parties and will review the evidence of your divorce case. It is difficult to say what will occur as they are determined by each case and subject to negotiation.
When the courts are reviewing equitable distribution, there are multiple factors that need to be reviewed:
- The length of the marriage
- The spouse with primary custody of the children
- Financial needs and liabilities of both parties
- Amount contributed by each spouse to the marital property
- Non-monetary contributions to the family
- Age, health, and needs of each spouse
- Child and spousal support needs
- Total value of property owned together and separately
- Adverse actions of the spouse
Talk to An Attorney About Equitable Distribution of Property
Divorce is challenging, complex, and overwhelming. Let our attorneys help you with the divorce proceedings and make sure your rights are protected in a court of law.
Why choose Ammon Nelson Law, PLLC?
- We have over a decade of family law experience.
- Nominated and awarded “New Parental Defender of the Year” in 2018
- We are in Good Standing at Avvo
- We have a 5 Star Rating on Google
- We are devoted and compassionate legal advocates.
- Wrote “Utah Guide to Divorce”
For your Ogden or Salt Lake City family law needs, contact us today and schedule a consultation