OGDEN & SALT LAKE CITY FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY
Utah Annulment or Divorce?
In Utah, there is not a time limit or time frame regarding when a person can file annulment papers. However, for an annulment to be successful, there are certain parameters that must be met:
- The marriage was between relatives who were not legally allowed to be married.
- Consent was not given for the marriage by the parents if the individual was under the age of 18.
There have been other cases in which marriages have been annulled for reasons such as failure or refusal to consummate the marriage. It is important to review your case with an attorney who has experience in annulment law to properly assist you with your case.
Ready to get started? For sound legal counsel contact our Ogden Family Law Office at (801) 337-4355.
Filing for an Annulment
To file annulment in Utah, you will need to file in the district court you live in or the county your spouse has lived in for at least 90 days. You will file a “Complaint for Annulment” after which the court will then schedule a hearing. Witnesses and evidence will be brought forth during the hearing in order to show the judge why you deserve an annulment.
In the state of Utah, obtaining an annulment is rare. It is important to work with an experienced attorney in annulment law and to ensure your case is handled properly.
Why choose Ammon Nelson Law, PLLC?
- We have over a decade of family law experience.
- Nominated and awarded “New Parental Defender of the Year” in 2018
- We are in Good Standing at Avvo
- We have a 5 Star Rating on Google
- We are devoted and compassionate legal advocates.
- Wrote “Utah Guide to Divorce”
For your Ogden or Salt Lake City family law needs, contact us today and schedule a consultation